Sitting in the office for 8 to 10 hours makes a person tired. You will need short breaks in between the work to get mental relaxation.
Apart from that, the comfortable chairs also work better to remove back pain. Today, the office chairs feature ergonomic design for comfort of your body.
Ergonomic chairs are good for employees who suffer from back and neck pain. These chairs also come with adjustable features such as headrest, armrests and leg rest.
There are many ways by which you can reduce back pain while sitting on ergonomic chairs.
Ways to Reduce Back Pain While Sitting in the Office
Office chairs are comfortable for sitting and resting. They also give support to the back and spine.
However, there are also some useful ways by which you can reduce intense back pain on the office chairs. They are as under:
1. Perform Some Exercises
Many tasks cause back office at office. They include lifting heavy items and sitting in an uncomfortable seat.
Back pain is mainly caused due to improper posture. You can do some exercises to reduce back pain. In case of lifting heavy items, follow right lifting techniques.
You can bend down at the knees and keep the items close to your stomach. If you have a problem with back pain, cultivate the habit of sitting straight while carrying items from the floor.
2. Pick the Right Chair
This is one of the best ways to reduce back pain in the office. You must look at the features of the office chair while buying it for your workspace or office.
The chair should have adjustable height, adjustable armrest, tilting position, lumbar support, swivel base, adjustable headrest and so on.
These features are good for the full body. They also give relief from head to toes.
In addition to that, the chair must have rich quality fabric. Skin-friendly and breathable material gives comfort to the back, neck and all other parts of the body.
You can also use these chairs for sitting, resting or playing video games.
Office chairs with adjustable features give comfort to the back and shoulders. Moreover, these chairs offer flexibility in the body.
3. Take Short Breaks in Between the Work
Working for long hours will give backache and body pain. If you have work for several hours, keep a habit of taking short breaks.
You must take a short walk around the office or in the garden. Apart from that, you should also stretch your legs after one hour.
These activities will reduce back pain and make your body more elastic. You can do some stretches for removing back pain while doing work.
Keep a habit of stretches every 2 to 3 hours to avoid body pain.
Additionally, you can try some relaxation techniques for relaxing your body. If you want to improve body posture, try good breathing techniques.
These techniques will cure spine injuries and improve posture. Furthermore, you can perform some yoga poses to reduce pain of the body.
4. Sit in a Relaxed Posture
You must sit comfortably on the chair to reduce back pain. Do not sit with a stiff posture. Stiff posture will result in intense back ache.
Apart from that, you should also avoid sitting with a humpback. It is necessary to keep a habit of sitting in a relaxed position to reduce back pain.
As far as possible, keep a natural posture while sitting in the office working on PCs and laptops. There are some tips to get the correct posture such as:
- You should keep your neck and head at the same angle above your shoulders.
- Keep a habit of putting shoulders back and in a square position while working on PCs.
- While working on a PC, you must keep your legs flat and do not cross them.
- Keep your chest near the desk.
- You should also keep your upper arms parallel to the spinal cord.
- Keep a habit of using leg rest while working on the chair or sitting.
- You should also place your knees at 90 degrees angle.
5. Ergonomic Workspace
Working in the office with comfort boosts mental focus. While working on PC and laptops, you must follow some tips such as:
- You must keep all the office accessories near to your hands. This will reduce physical strain and leaning movements.
- You must lower or raise the height of the chair and monitor the computer as per your need. The monitor should be up to the level of your eyes.
- Increase the brightness of the computer or laptop screen. Bright screen will reduce leaning forward while working on PCs.
- You should increase the font size to avoid leaning position or tilting your head while working or sitting.